The VR World needs a heavy-duty graphics card for the perfect experience. Gamers around the world are trying out their luck in the virtual world. The high-performance graphics cards can be quite expensive. Thankfully the VR industry has been around for five years now. The costs and basic requirements remain the same.
We are going to discuss some fantastic graphics cards which will give you breathtaking gaming experience. You can easily experience the virtual world with these GPUs. In this guide, we are adding our top picks. Now you can find the best graphics card for VR with this read.
The Buyer’s guide for the best graphics card aims to give you detailed insights. Our expert team has done tremendous research to get you the perfect PC setup. The best Graphics card for VR is a challenge to find. You have to take a look at various aspects. We are hoping to make the task easy for you with this writeup. Read below the basics you need to take into account.
Let’s take a look at the budget you will be spending. A VR enabled PC is not going to cost you a fortune. The graphics card is a vital part of your purchase. The minimum requirements for VR are 4GB of graphics memory. These cards have been around for quite some time. The manufacturers NVIDIA and AMD are bringing out unique VR ready cards. It would be best if you were prepared to spend anywhere between $100- $500. The higher-end cards bring the best out of your VR headsets.
As we mentioned before, the graphics card memory also plays a huge role. The technology in your graphics card is also crucial. GDDR5 is the starting point for any VR ready graphics card. You have to invest in at least 4GB of GDDR5 memory to get started. Thankfully these cards are readily available online and offline. Many people are also selling these cards at a bargain. A second-hand purchase is not a sensible decision in the current market.
3. Display outputs
VR requires you to have the right amount of Display outputs on your graphics card. There is no HDMI support for VR headsets as of now. Most of these expensive additions require an outstanding Displayport output. Thankfully modern graphics cards come with this technology. You can quickly hook up your headset and start gaming. The plug and play nature is what we all want.
Best Graphics Card for VR 2022 – Our Top List
ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Super
EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super
XFX Radeon RX 580
Gigabyte Gv-R57XTGAMING OC
PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 570
Best Graphics Card for VR 2022 – Pros & Cons
Now that we know what we are looking for in our graphics card. It’s time to take a look at our expert picks. These graphics cards will improve your gaming significantly. Anyone can start exploring VR with such a purchase. Here is our top selection of the best graphics card for VR.
- It has 6GB of GDDR6 memory, which is enough for VR.
- They are using a 128-bit architecture for smooth graphics.
- There are 3X DisplayPort outputs on this graphics card.
- It is VR, HDR, and 4K ready for your premium gaming requirements.
- The wide array aluminum heat sink keeps the card cool.
Zotac is an excellent brand that helps you with unique graphics requirements. Their devices are perfect for gaming needs. We have been using this brand for a long time. Their NVIDIA GTX 1660 incredible lineup is fantastic. It comes with all you need for the best VR experience. It is available at a reasonable price as well.
We love the compact design and twin fans. You can get high performance and breathtaking visuals.
- The card doesn’t take up a lot of space inside your PC case.
- It has wide and curved fan blades, which are perfect for airflow.
- You get the latest NVIDIA Turing architecture on this device.
- Users can enjoy tweaking through the Firestorm PC portal.
- Gamers will enjoy 1785 MHZ of raw clock speeds on the GPU cores.
- It is quite a power-hungry and takes up two slots.
- The simple matt black finish on this GPU is breathtaking.
- Users get access to 8GB of GDDR6 memory.
- EVGA offers top-notch 3-Year technical support and warranty with this purchase.
- It has a boost clock of 1700 MHZ.
- You can enjoy real-time ray tracing technology in games.
The NVIDIA RTX lineup is fantastic, but the recent updates will confuse users. NVIDIA is going to launch an affordable series of graphics cards soon. For now, we are recommending this powerful card. We recommend our readers wait for the RTX 30 series lineup to be available soon.
The EVGA RTX 2070 super edition hits every note right. It gives you the best package in one device.
- EVGA gives you their Precision X1 tool for managing the GPU.
- Users get access to 2560 CUDA cores through this device.
- It has support for Direct X 12 technology, which makes your card VR ready.
- They are offering DisplayPort 1.4 technology on this card.
- The memory clock is 14000MHZ effectively.
- The graphics card is vast for a few computer cases.
- It is soon going to get outdated.
- The XFX design is perfect for any gaming enthusiast.
- It has multiple display port options for your VR needs.
- Users get access to 8GB of GDDR5 memory.
- You can overclock it using the XFX OC+ application.
- It has an extended heatsink for enhanced VRM and Memory cooling.
Let’s take a look at the red team now. AMD has done a great job with their Radeon series of graphics cards. The RX 580 may be a little old, but it was once the best in the business. It has some outstanding features available at an affordable price.
Anyone can get this to work with VR on their gaming PC. It is a budget option for those who don’t want to compromise on performance.
- Users get access to 256-bit bus bandwidth on this device.
- It has a memory clock speed of 1386 MHZ on the GPU.
- The PCI Express x8 technology gives you fast graphics processing.
- XFX utilizes the AMD LiquidVR technology correctly using this product.
- It needs at least 500 watts of power.
- It has a triple-fan setup for extreme performance.
- Users can tap into the world of VR with 8GB GDDR6 memory.
- The RGB enthusiasts will love the Aorus color coordination.
- It supports PCI Express 4 technology for fast data transfers.
- The backplate is smooth and keeps your graphics card safe.
Gigabyte has an impressive graphics card lineup. The 5700XT graphics card from AMD is perfect for your VR experience. It has everything that you need in a premium graphics card. It is also quite affordable, considering the features. We recommend all our readers invest in this card.
It is sensible to wait for the NVIDIA 3700, but the Radeon 5700XT offers the best. 7nm RDNA architecture can handle everything. It also seems to stay calm under high loads.
- The heat pipes touch the GPU dye to give maximum cooling.
- It has a memory clock of 14000 MHZ.
- The RX 5700 XT is running on 256-bit architecture.
- You get the ability to overclock this card quickly.
- It needs a large ATX case for perfect functioning.
- It comes with 4GB of GDDR5 memory.
- The graphics card is ready for handling some fantastic VR games.
- You get a boost clock of 1250 MHZ.
- You can work it with all PCI express 3.0 ports.
- Users can enjoy the compact design with no limits on performance.
PowerColor is an excellent brand. They have been making AMD graphics cards for decades now. The budget RX 570 is perfect for starting VR. We had to decide between the GTX 1050 Ti and this card.
The winner is evident here. The RX 570 can do everything better than Nvidia’s older cards. It is the best fit for budget VR enthusiasts.
- It comes with xConnect ready architecture for multiple GPUs.
- Users can access the AMD LiquidVR intuitive and immersive experience.
- There is support for various VR headsets on this device.
- You get AMD’s free sync two technology on this GPU.
- It is also capable of 4K, 3D, and HDR videos.
- The graphics card is vast for a few computer cases.
Finding the best graphics card for VR can be a challenge. We set out to help you out in this quest. Our guide covers this topic in detail. We are also adding product links to the guide to make your purchase seamless. We wish you a happy VR gaming experience with our graphics card lineup. People who can wait some more time should try out the Nvidia 3700 lineup.